New Build London Penthouse
Our brief was to create a brand-new penthouse, situated above an existing three-storey commercial and residential property.
The project itself comprised of a timber construction with a flat felt roof and dormer walls, complete with a slate finish. It was crucial that we followed the same design of the existing building with regards to the communal stairways, so that the renovation looked as natural as possible.
Some of the key features include:
- A new staircase to the penthouse
- Large skylight created, providing much needed natural light
- A large bedroom, complete with windows and double doors covering the entire length and height, providing maximum natural light
- A large balcony within the bedroom, overlooking beautiful surroundings
- The front of the penthouse is the living space and contemporary open plan kitchen. Full length windows and doors.
- Utility area
- State of the art shower room
- Central skylight
- Reconstruction of the front apex section of the second floor flat, which created a vertical structure, matching the remaining part of the existing building
Other areas of home improvement work which we carried out on this project included:
- Wiring & plumbing
- Architraves and skirting
- Decorating throughout the new build
- External lighting to the front and rear of the penthouse
- Intercom system
- Composite decking installed on the balconies, surrounded by glass balustrades
- Solar panel installation
This was certainly a memorable experience for us and our client was extremely happy with the final result.
Categorised in: Case Studies