The Stoke Poges Refurbishment
We had the pleasure of completing a bespoke barn conversion and house refurbishment in Stoke Poges, Slough that involved a double-storey extension and full interior and exterior structural renovations.
The standout features of the barn refurbishment include:
- Full restoration of originally uninhabitable barn
- Double-storey barn extension
- Extensive interior and exterior structural remodelling
Originally an uninhabitable barn, our design and build team completed a full structural restoration of the property, making some significant changes to both the interior and exterior, whilst still retaining some of the more traditional styles of the original building. A fantastic patio and decking area was added to the garden and can be accessed from a large bifold kitchen, situated on the corner of the extension. This creates the perfect setting for hosting guests, firing up the barbeque and enjoying the sunshine. The top floor of the barn now contains a large open-spaced master bedroom with en-suite shower room leading to a beautiful balcony overlooking the rear garden.
Additional features of the project include:
- Master en-suite bedroom with balcony
- Construction of patio and decking area
- Custom bespoke cinema room
The double barn refurbishment was definitely one of the most spectacular builds we have completed at The Market Design & Build. We are incredibly proud to have been given the opportunity to take on this truly unique project.
The barn refurbishment of The Stoke Poges involved extensive structural renovations, allowing our design and build team to showcase their skills and expertise. The first challenge for the exterior work involved replacing the dilapidated roof and waterproofing the barn. All exterior walls were also fit with top quality wooden cladding for a nostalgic nod to the original barn construction materials. Sweeping changes were also made to the barn interior. Throughout the property, new plumbing and underfloor heating was installed, and a previously desolate area of the barn was fully reconstructed to include a large living space with a staircase leading to a mezzanine floor. Our team also installed and finished a shower room, two utility rooms, four bedrooms and, of course, the fantastic customised cinema room – a real design triumph!
Please see the below video for more.
Architraves, Bathroom, Doors, Double-storey Extension, Flooring, Kitchen, Painting, Plumbing, Refurbishment, Rendering, Roofing, Skimming, Wall Removal, Wiring
- Is it better to add a house extension or to move home?
- The Seamless Journey of Designing and Building a Wrap Around Extension
- Enhance Your Living Space with a Wrap Around Extension in London
- Renovating a Kitchen-Dining Space: Top Tips from Design and Build Experts
- Bringing the Outside In: Integrate Your Home and Garden with Expert Design & Build Services