Stunning North London Home Extension and Loft Conversion
Our client already owned a significantly large semi-detached property in North London but his ultimate vision was to completely transform a typical suburban dwelling into an exceptionally unique home.
This is when we, The Market Design & Build took the initiative and translated the vision into reality.
A project of this magnitude required the dedication of an elite team of our builders to completely strip down the existing property to its bare shell and refurbish it entirely with the following radical alterations:
- A large rear extension for the open plan kitchen, diner and living quarters. Two large sky lanterns installed on the flat roof and rear opening fully encased with glass sliding doors from top to bottom. The floor design comprised of the tiling maintaining a consistent flow from the internal part of the home out to the rear patio and fully landscaped garden. Reclaimed brick tiling installed in the kitchen area to enhance this space from the remaining open plan dining and living sections.
- Utility room including a separate cupboard to house the Megaflo water cylinder
- Existing side garage converted to a sizable WC, cloak room and external storage room
- A double fronted porch. Paving stones installed in the driveway and a bespoke fence constructed using wooden slats provide a very distinctive look amongst the surrounding properties.
- Master bedroom complete with walk in wardrobe and fully tiled en-suite shower room
- A fully tiled family bath/shower room
- Loft conversion - comprising of an office and large bedroom with en-suite shower room. Windows installed to the rear dormer and Velux windows on the apex roof
Amongst all the changes, we retained the original parquet flooring in the ground floor hallway as well as segregating the front reception room with bi-fold doors which lead into the extension.
Other areas of work include:
- New wiring & plumbing
- Water underfloor heating in the entire ground floor
- Electric underfloor heating in all the shower/bathrooms
- New architraves, skirting and alcoves
- External lighting in the front and rear garden
Our client has not compromised in any respect towards the finishing's and in return we have ensured the highest quality has projected towards the workmanship. Once again, with the property fully rendered, it certainly stands out from its surroundings.
Having completed this tremendous project we hope our client and his family enjoy their lovely new home for years to come.